Chant Engineering is a 52-year-old diversified engineering company located near Doylestown PA. We design and manufacture heavy duty machinery for industrial and military customers. We are looking for a full time Mechanical Engineer that not only wants to design equipment but also likes the project responsibility to see the equipment go from an idea to a finished product. The Mechanical Engineer will be working in a hands-on environment. Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years’ experience designing and manufacturing machinery, heavy duty industrial machinery preferred.
Chant Engineering has a large, multi-disciplined engineering department with motivated team members. We are looking to add to our department and can guarantee you will never be bored working here! Check out our website to see what we make and become a part of our growing team! www.chantengineering.com
- Design custom industrial machinery using various types of design/drafting software.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Responsible for managing assigned projects and prioritizing workload to meet required deadlines.
- Assure product quality by testing finished products.
- Provide technical support, system start-up, training and troubleshooting for customers when needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, or as business needs require.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficient in SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD design software.
- Ability to read and work from blueprints, schematics, and drawings.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/assignments.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Statics, dynamics and strength of materials problem solving.
- Ability to calculate static forces and movements exceeding 1 million pounds.
- Experience with rigging and lifting calculations a plus.
- Calculations for selection of structural steel in static and dynamic situations.
- Experience in system start-up & troubleshooting.
- Knowledge in Hydraulics.
- Knowledge of lifting equipment such as slings, shackles, and chains.
We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 15 days paid time off.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid Christmas week break.
- Medical, Vision and Dental.
- Simple IRA.