Chant Engineering is a diversified engineering company that designs and manufactures testing machines, test stands and related equipment for worldwide industrial and military customers. We are looking for a full time Mechanical Engineer that not only wants to design equipment but also likes the project responsibility to see the equipment go from an idea to a finished product. The Mechanical Engineer will be working in a hands-on environment. The Mechanical Engineer should have a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years’ experience designing and manufacturing machinery, heavy duty industrial machinery preferred.
Chant Engineering is a dynamic engineering environment, and we have motivated team members. We guarantee you will never be bored working here! Check out our website to see what we make and become a part of our growing team! www.chantengineering.com
- Design custom industrial machinery using various types of design/drafting software.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Responsible for managing assigned projects and prioritizing workload to meet required deadlines.
- Assure product quality by testing finished products.
- Provide technical support, system start-up, training and troubleshooting for customers when needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned, or as business needs require.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Proficient in SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD design software.
- Ability to read and work from blueprints, schematics, and drawings.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/assignments.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Statics, dynamics and strength of materials problem solving.
- Ability to calculate static forces and movements exceeding 1 million pounds.
- Experience with rigging and lifting calculations a plus.
- Calculations for selection of structural steel in static and dynamic situations.
- Experience in system start-up & troubleshooting.
- Knowledge in Hydraulics.
- Knowledge of lifting equipment such as slings, shackles, and chains.
We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 15 days paid time off.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid Christmas week break.
- Medical, Vision and Dental.
- Simple IRA.