Chant Engineering Co, a Doylestown area manufacturing company, seeks a full time Electrical Engineer. The qualified candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 5 years’ experience designing control systems for machinery (exposure to programming PLCs would be a plus). The Electrical Engineer must also have hands on, real world engineering experience, including system start-up & troubleshooting.
- Design electrical control panels and generate electrical schematics/BOM’s for custom heavy duty industrial machinery and test stands per the customer’s specifications using various types of design/drafting software.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer generated reports.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Responsible for managing assigned projects and prioritizing workload in order to meet required deadlines.
- Assure product quality by testing finished products.
- Provide technical support, system start-up, training and troubleshooting for customers when needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Proficient in AutoCAD electrical design software.
- Experience in configuring instrumentation such as VFD’s, etc.
- Working knowledge of machine safety standards and electrical codes (NEC, NFPA 70, UL-508, etc.).
- Design of industrial power and control units and e-stop safety circuit design
- Ability to read and work from blueprints, schematics, and drawings.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/assignments.
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 15 days paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Paid Christmas break
- Matching Simple IRA