Chant Engineering is a diversified engineering company that designs, manufactures, services and calibrates testing machines, aircraft hydraulic test stands and related accessories for worldwide industrial and military customers. We are currently looking for a full time Controls Engineer. This position will be responsible for the development, improvement, testing, and troubleshooting of control systems for hydraulic industrial machinery. The qualified candidate must be a self-motivated individual who thrives in an environment that allows you to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Program multiple environments, primarily Allen Bradley PLCs and HMIs.
- Generate and perform verification and validation of equipment.
- Provide start-up and commissioning assistance for equipment.
- Troubleshoot production and customer issues.
- Provide assistance to the design of electrical control panels.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related degree.
- 2+ years of experience programming Allen Bradley PLCs (Siemens would be a plus).
- Expertise in Rockwell MicroLogix and CompactLogix controllers and RSLogix 500, Logix 5000 and studio 5000 software.
- Working knowledge of one of the following software packages: LabVIEW, Wonderware or Step 7 and familiarity with communication protocols (EthernetIP, Modbus, etc.).
- Exposure to VFD’s, motors, starters, relays, transducers, digital I/O and A/D convertors.
- Experience with AutoCAD electrical is a plus.
- Working knowledge of machine safety standards, electrical codes (NEC), and hydraulics would be beneficial.
- Must possess effective verbal and written skills.
We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 15 days paid time off.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid Christmas break.
- Matching Simple IRA.